View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Slow and bloated how? What does the speed of the iPhone enable you to do that you can't do with a WM device?
Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't say the iPhone can do anything a WM device can't. I clearly stated the opposite. What the speed of the iPhone provides is a smooth, relatively reliable device where actions cause nearly instant responses, and it operates more like an appliance than a computer. WM-based devices operate more like computers in that applications frequently provide long load times, button presses are often ignored for several seconds at a time, sometimes it fails to respond at all, it crashes or freezes up, etc., etc., etc. So while there are no FUNCTIONS the iPhone has over our phones, and the speed doesn't allow it to do anything our phone can't, on the things that it DOES do just as well, it does them faster, more reliably, and with less frustration.

This is coming from a staunch iPhone-opposer who will defend his Mogul to the death against an Apple product. But it's pure fanboyism to suggest that Windows Mobile isn't painfully slow and unreliable enough of the time to make you wish it ran a little more like the iPhone does. If the iPhone had all of the additional functionality of the Mogul, didn't require iTunes, wasn't made by Apple, and wasn't AT&T exclusive, I would have considered one.

Honestly, I'm surprised I even had to answer this question. You ask what the better speed of the iPhone allows it to do that WM cannot. Is not the better speed enough of an answer? "What does your bigger TV allow you to do that my smaller one can't?" It lets me see everything bigger.

Last edited by TurboFool; 04-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.