View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
gobmonster
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor View Post
I don't understand how some people are saying this will kill the Treo 800w. Other than the VGA screen, it won't have a leg up on the 800w.

Both the 800w and the PPC-7000 (?) will have 128MB of RAM, 256MB ROM, WiFi, GPS, WinMo 6.1, EVDO Rev A and Bluetooth 2.0.

The Treo will sport a 320x320 screen and the PPC-7000 will sport a 640x480 screen. Those of us in the Treo camp will not like this because we hate side-sliders. Those in the HTC camp won't dig the Treo because of it's square screen, bulky appearance and lack of hackability. The phones hardware themselves, however, will not be very different.

Those of you shooting for the moon with these devices need to calm down. This happens on the Apple fanboy websites every time speculation of a new Mac happens too. You expect the world and get very disappointed when it finally comes around to launch time.

Just be happy we're getting VGA screens in NA finally. About damn time, IMHO.
c/s

Youre on point, im getting too hyped up about this. When i get the phone, i can imagine maybe two days of "WOW" and two weeks or "meh", and then about 4 months of "WE NEED CUSTOM ROMS! NOCHEM SAVE US!"

But i look forward to it, and im pretty sure sprint/htc are already plotting to consume more of us compulsive ppc users with another phone a year from that release date.