View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
TalynOne
PPCGeeks Regular

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
If you look closely at the doc photo in the first post, it doesn't actually say that this unit will have a VGA display. It indicates that it will have a VGA color depth, but the actual pixels of the screen say "TBD". So while it might turn out to be a full 640x480, there's nothing here to support that at this time. I'm betting that it will be have less resolution than that, but time will tell.
That would ROYALLY piss me off. My 3+ year old Axim can do VGA, I'm tired of living in the ancient past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
This is HTC's chance to make it right!
What I'm hoping for:

-At least 500 MHz processor
The max that the 7500A chipset supports is 500 MHZ, same as 7500 (non a) used by the Titan/Mogul (400 MHZ). That said it should be easier for them to bump up the speed to 500MHZ since the 7500a processor is 65nm intead of 90nm (smaller/runs cooler).

Quote:
-At LEAST 128MB RAM, (hopefully 256MB or 512MB so we can run WM7 if we port it )
This better be at least 128MB to make up for the debacle 64MB provided on the Mogul, better yet they should make it 256MB.

Quote:
-A powerful graphics device with NECESSARY DRIVERS...!
The 7500A chipset, which the Raphael uses, has the exact same graphic capabilities as the Mogul. The real questions is if HTC will providee hardware accelerated video drivers for this device, which they did not for the Titan/Touch/Kaiser, this is extra important now if this device is going to be VGA resolution (4x the amount of pixels to process).

Quote:
-3+ Megapixel camera (preferably 5 or more MPs with FLASH!)
The feature sheet already specifies a 3 Megapixel camera.

Quote:
-SDHC drivers
Since the Mogul already supports SDHC, and even the previous generation Apache (6700) supports SDHC with upgraded ROM, I wouldn't worry about SDHC support.

Quote:
-Touchflo
The feature sheet already specifies that the both the Raphael and Diamond support Touchflo.

Source:
MSM7500A info

Last edited by TalynOne; 04-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.