Thread: New Rumor??
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Pibe38
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Rumor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
There will be an upgrade to 6.1 I am sure... but forget about GPS... if the GPS in this phone would work someone would have a leak already working in their phone... and so far I have not found anyone!

It is a real shame, but I don't have much hope of having a built in GPS working...

About when... I am pretty sure not too soon... HTC has more important things to do, like selling new phones... creating new phones... etc... verizon just came out with the touch and if they come up with an upgrade people may think that the phone is so bad that they are already giving updates... I really think they will take a while to come with it...

Well... we can only wait and see...

I am getting really frustrated... when I got sprint I did it because of the free navigation included in the everything plan but ended up loving the phone for its size (I didn't know the phone did not have the GPS when I got it)... so I kept it, hoping that an upgrade with GPS would come up... but after almost a month reading and searching forums everywhere, I just lost all my hope...
but though the phone does need to be a little faster (my apache was way faster) and I hope it will be after an upgrade, I really like the size of it and there's nothing else out there that is so small and convenient...
The Mogul GPS did not work until a an "official" early ROM was "leaked" (most likely so that users beta tested it) that enabled it. Nobody hacked it... so I'd say there's still a chance of us getting GPS on our devices. Even more so because it was clearly advertised as having GPS by 2008.

I still hold the date for the update to be June - July, if it comes earlier, better.

---
Don't forget to Search first!