View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
BigDinCA
PPCGeeks Regular

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: beach ball of death keeps showing up - please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I haven't yet. I flashed it yesterday and have spent the last 12 hours customizing everything. I wish I kept a more careful track of what I had done when this first appeared. I think before I hard-reset, I'll start pulling off software one by one to see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Mike
I've flashed the 5060 several times and always do the hard reset after the flash is done. I haven't had a problem with anything yet. I wait to do my personal customizations until after the hard reset because a lot of the customizations get reset. It also depends on what you cooked with the ROM. Everytime I flash I note what my program memory usage is so I can tweak things and I only cook what I really use to save as much program memory as possible. Right now I have 17.22MB free. I have noticed that if you cook a lot of SPB apps with your ROM it uses a ton of program memory (sometimes 1MB per app.). The other thing I notice is that ActiveSync is always running, even when you haven't connected to your PC. I use the dotFred task manager and close it. That usually frees up a little more memory as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.