View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 12:05 AM
PocketPcUser
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMoore View Post
When I create the ROM and load it, will I loose all apps on my PPC currently? I know the answer is probably yes, but just checking. So after that I will have to reinstall my current apps that I want ot keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
All those apps in program memory will be gone. You'll have to reinstall those apps that need to be installed in order to work but apps saved to your storage card will still be there(BTW remove the card before you flash!)
Almost all true..

Just make sure you know, that you still have to reinstall those programs, that are on your storage card. You won't find them on your Start Menu, and some may be very hard to launch. Best bet would be just get used to the idea of re-installing, because usually you can just copy all of the files in the storage card, like for example this:
xxx Program which is installed to main memory.
/Storage Card/Program Files/xxx Program
Copy the entire folder xxx Program, and then paste it somewhere else. Then reinstall your program, and copy those files back and click yes to replace.
This won't work for all of the programs, because some write settings into the registry.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
This post has been thanked 1 times.