View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:50 AM
DHarvey
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Prefer User Customization or Tweaked ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
I feel that you may need to read this thread carefully I did not say people are stealing others work they indeed they already owned up to doing that ...... and I feel that if you can take the vouge kitchen and break down a custom why is it that you can't break down a stock rom and build a custom of your own? ..... That is why I created threads like " being original can you do it" "Challenge to rom chefs" because I strongly feel that if I can do it you can to .... What I'm trying to do once again is push the community to stop being duplicaters ...... Some folks over at xda had the same issue going on so they came up with a tool that turns all packages into one so that when you try to break their roms down in a kitchen you would get a message in the sys folder that says "beta, make your own rom" I have not done this yet but I can understand why this tools has become needed ...... and calling me childish hmmmm well not gonna worry about that but again read this thread completely and remember this is a pass time for me that can easily change into something else and by the way I'm done it was nice but now its time to move on you guys are right .......
I will admit that I was out of line calling you childish. For the record I was calling the argument childish as well, not you specifically and I do think that the tool created over at XDA was an excellent idea. I'm just trying to say that people will "duplicate" until pigs fly. That's just life. I just don't see a real reason to start an argument over it. If you really want to stop people from breaking down a custom ROM that has already been made to use it as a base for something different and unique to them, then go ahead and "copyright" the ROMs you make using that app from XDA so people can no longer use pre-built custom ROMs as a base rom. I support that as well. I was merely stating my mind.

Dan.

Last edited by DHarvey; 04-18-2008 at 06:57 AM.