View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Prefer User Customization or Tweaked ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
The biggest offenders are from Spb. Time, pocketplus, weather, phonesuite. Others are pdanetsetup, memaid, screencapture, myregistrycab, mysoundscab, rar, totalcommander, phmregedit, redkybdskin, softkeyapplet, pockettunes, keepass, and "exec:\windows\cutsk.exe \mydocuments\mars.tsk" OMJ's is a nice base for all my junk I add.

On a side note, I loaded dcd's last night which is pretty nice. What I like about his is there is no htc homescreen and his phone plugin to toggle bluetooth on/off. There is a difference of free storage between dcd's and omj's, 143mb vs ca. 119mb after my customizations. But I have no issues with either. I'll probably flash omj's v8 base tonight. After tweakin it to me a bit.
Yesterday evening, I decided to pay attention to mine running ... 33 cabs installed and it takes roughly 17 minutes. So, you've certainly got a point.

... and since we are comparing side notes

I went ahead and flashed the Verizon ROM after tweaking a bit to add the Sprint carrier OEM folder from DCD (did a soft-reset before the VZW customizations ran). This VZW build is more current than the Sprint OEM ROM [Sprint 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) vs. Verizon 5.2.1946 (Build 18550.0.7.4)] so maybe this later version of WM6 has cleared up the memory leaks with the Sprint OEM ROM.