View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
dknlght
N00b

dknlght is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do i

Well I'll tell you what I know about it. I personally was able to use a sprint phone with verizon. I flashed the a sprint Moto Q with a verizon rom. Called verizon twice to do the phone change. Here's what I did, I called and just said I wanted to change my phone (didn't tell them that it's a sprint phone) Gave them the esn information. I took my friends advice about not telling them that it's a sprint phone because sometimes they hear that and don't even bother trying to do the switch. If they don't know they'll try to add it and then troubleshoot the problem first before telling you that it can't be done. I was also planning on playing dumb if he couldn't find the ESN in the system and just asked if they could just add it. The first rep tried to charge me $15 bucks to switch my phone which I thought was ridiculous so I called back later and did the same thing except I got a friendly rep that was able to do the update and waived the fee.

Before i did the switch I had already read about a few people that successfully did this. But I have yet to see someone going from verizon to sprint. I'm told sprint is more strict with this.

As for repairing the ESN so that it will work on Verizon. There was actually a post here with instruction on how to do it for the mogul and links for the touch as well. not sure if it was removed but I'm told it does work

Last edited by dknlght; 04-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.