Thread: Streaming TV
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
sHockz
Regular 'Geeker

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Streaming TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
No need to lose your temper. The whole purpose of this forum is for people to read what works for others, and not for any one of us to try and dictate what people do. Leave that to the Govt. LOL

lolol. that comment made my day

I guess your right, there are pros/cons to each side. But we are all about saving money, none of us here are millionaires.

People dont want to set up a hard drive and yet they are on this site? They dont want to do things as cheaply as possible? They dont want to utilize devices they already have to the maximum potential they have? If any of that is true, they dont need to be on this site. In my eyes, spending $230 for a piece of hardware and software that you can buy for $50, in HD quality at that, is beyond me in any way, shape or form. Slingbox is cool, ill admit it was awesome when it was released in japan. but that was YEARS ago, there are much cheaper, more viable solutions for people who upgrade roms, edit registry entries, etc.

BTW- I have a slingbox. I actually have 2. I dont EVER use either....ever. I orb. Slingbox includes being able to watch dvr...and live tv. Orb does that, is a file browser for ur comp, streams audio, photos, contacts, and access webcams (in my case my security cameras in my house).

I dunno, someone make a viable case against orb. It isnt a preference thing, its a smarts thing. You either are smart, or rich and stupid.