PPCGeeks Regular

tjarnold is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamrod View Post
So what is the older MSVC called or could you get me a link to it? I am new to PPC's so I don't want anything that has a lot of problems that I would have to experiment with because I don't want to break anything and I don't have the time as landscaping season is upon us. I think I have the stock WM5 on my 6700 but I'm not positive as I bought it used from eBay. It seems to work fine but I figured WM6 is faster and better overall so I should make the switch.
If you dont know why you need WM6 then you probly dont need to bother. While the kitchen does make it easy to upgrade your phone, you still have to learn about the process involved.

As it has previously been stated you will have to tinker with things at least a small bit to make things work. The developers here at PPCGeeks have made every effort to make as perfect a ROM as posible, but they are using software originally developed for a different phone since the PPC-6700 only had two of the earliest versions of WM5 available from HTC/Sprint/Verizon/ect.

In using the kitchen you will have to spend some time figuring out what will work for you based on what programs from the kitchen you want to include. Sometimes some programs may have strange conflicts and you will have to debug things yourself. Sometimes individual phones can have weird things happen as well. The one thing you will need is time if you are going to use the kitchen.

One other option is for you is to find a "Clean and Simple" WM6 ROM. While these are in no way perfect, it will allow you to install WM6 relatively easy without having to use a kitchen, but it will have preselected programs from its creator. Just do a search on here if you want to go that route.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)

Last edited by tjarnold; 04-15-2008 at 03:57 AM.