View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamrod View Post
Does this or the WM6 upgrade work flawlessly on the XV6700? I want to upgrade from WM5 but only if it's worth it and isn't something I'll regret.
This is an awesome upgrade, but be aware of your expectations.
NOTHING is "flawless". If you regret minor glitches and having to make some effort to make things work well, then just get a new device. If you enjoy some tinkering with PPC software and appreciate what can be done with the help of some talented software developers, then go for it.
[note edits for emphasis; I'll stand by my statement that nothing, especially software, is flawless. But I'll also note that the emphasis for this post should be that the work necessary by the end-user is incredibly minor considering what we get as a result.]

Last edited by Trident; 04-15-2008 at 12:49 AM.