View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
nmhusa
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Activesync fix --- For all those not connected issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk494922 View Post
Does this work in Vista? I selected the items showing and click on uninstall, nothing happen.
I located the USB Mobile device driver program specifically to identify the activesync USB driver in WinXP and not for Vista. Vista actually identified the correct driver if you follow the instructions below and allows and easy removal of the offending driver and an auto reinstall when you reconnect the Mogul or any PPC device.

Below are the instructions from the Microsoft Vista help page....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx

Windows Mobile Device Center fails to connect due to the Windows Portable Device driver failing to load. In some cases, you may be unable to connect and only a red X error icon is displayed in Windows Mobile Device Center. This can be caused by Windows Portable Device driver failing to load.

Connect your device
Go to Manager (Computer > Properties)
Find the Portable Devices node
Locate the Windows Mobile device entry
Choose to uninstall the driver
Reconnect your device

Let me know if this works for you and click my scales for a reputation mark if it does. Thanks and good luck....

Last edited by nmhusa; 04-11-2008 at 10:57 PM.