View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM
hotbyz168
Regular 'Geeker

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Somethin Like Google Maps For The touch?

Copy and pasted from the program...

Your Google Maps experience just got even faster With the My Location (beta) feature, just press [0] to move the map to your approximate location. Save time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you, and how to get there. Your approximate location will appear as a flashing blue dot. If you have a GPS-enabled device, this blue dot corresponds to your GPS location. At times, and if you do not have GPS on your phone, you may see the dot surrounded by a light blue circle to indicate uncertainty about your location.

Why the uncertainty? The My Location service takes information broadcasted from mobile towers near you to approximate your current location on the map—it's not GPS, but it comes pretty close. We are always working to improve our coverage, but there may be some areas where our coverage is incomplete; if you get an error message when trying to access your location, don't worry---it should work in other nearby locations. As part of the My Location (beta) feature, Google Maps sends anonymous radio information back to Google servers to improve the service. You can disable/enable this and all location features by selecting from the options below.

Last edited by hotbyz168; 04-11-2008 at 11:20 AM.