View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
nmhusa
Halfway to VIP Status

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Activesync fix --- For all those not connected issues

After using PocketPc devices from the Compaq Ipaq days (remeber those), I have continually been frustrated with the lack of support from Microsoft for what I used to think was buggy Activesync software. With each version released (including the Vista Mobile Center) I have always managed to find myself unable to sync via USB, despite reading up on Microsoft help sites etc.

Vista help did explain that the problem is with the USB driver for Activesync and provided a means to uninstall the driver and with a replugging of the USB cord, the device was recognized and sync was permitted.

I have struggled with identfying the correct USB device to uninstall while using WinXP. That is until I downloaded USBDeview. This program shows all currently and previously attached USB drivers with names that correspond with the device. If you locate all the "windows Mobile-based Device" listings under Device name "generic RNDIS" and uninstall, you should be able to reconnect the Mogul and allow Activesync to reload the USB drivers and once again sync the device.

In addition use Task Manager to close down WCESMgr.exe and wcescomm.exe before plugging in the Mogul or other PPC.

Try it when Activesync fails to recognize the device. File attached below....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way, please let me know. Click the scales at the top right of my post and be sure to leave your name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip USBDeview.zip (34.3 KB, 340 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nmhusa; 04-10-2008 at 10:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.