View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TOUCH GPS via Navi2Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
Don't forget, it was recommended by a sprint representative who told me that is the way to have navigation on the phone. I was jus wondering if anyone knew about it before giving away my hard earned $10.

I will read the terms and conditions of the sprint store and see if they will refund in case it does not work.

BTW, does the touch has a built in GPS for sure or not? If not, how would the Firmware enable it? If it does, how are you so sure about that?

Thank you for your info guys!
A sprint rep told me free roaming meant I could use Sprint towers anywhere in the US but to keep my settings to Sprint Only in the roam section of my phone. I then corrected her and told her that roaming meant I could use other non Sprint CDMA towers. She told me no, because Sprint would have to pay for that, so would pass on the cost.

Anyway, what does this have to do with your question? well they have one thing in common.

If you look around the Vogue area here you will see Rev A and GPS are coming, but need to be enabled by the radio firmware (much like the mogul). Look around and you will see plenty of discussion about this.

Plus if you google navi2go it has this at its website: "Go to m.navi2go.com on your Windows Mobile or Symbian Device for public demo" Id try that before I buy anythingt

Last edited by VW; 04-08-2008 at 09:07 PM.