sscholar
Lurker

sscholar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
No. he is seeing the problem that soooo many others are seeing with this build. myself included. Current theory is that it is a Bluetooth drain and it is especially problematic when a BT device is not in range. this is just a one area of a problem. my battery life isnt that good even when BT is off. I have a new hi-cap battery that has worked fine with previous builds. we have developed a thread specific to this battery drain issue. i suggest the devs have a look at that thread and start experimenting / asking questions.
Indeed. With a bare bones setup, no today items, no backlight and a 6-month old stock 1350 mAh battery, acbPowerMeter averaged about 40 mA idle. If I charge the battery completely, make a call and leave the phone connected with the backlight and bluetooth off until the battery dies, power usage averages 350 mA and drains in 50 minutes. Again, I did not see this kind of battery drain until I moved to 6.1.

Any help is indeed appreciated, but it may just be a sign to move on to a new device...