View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 12:53 AM
daak
Lurker

daak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS-Chat by Vito Technologies Threaded SMS

Greetings and thanks to the many reflective inquisitive posts regarding SMSCHAT.
I downloaded and read every comment whilst comparing them to many of my own trial experiences.

And in the end I was full prepared to invest the $12.71(Handango discount )
Into purchasing a fully legitimate version.

The few points that arose after the purchase
* I sent a email to
Vito Technology asking about a Cab file as im far from a PC
and wish to install the latest version of SMSCHAT onto my Dopod838pro.
I hope someone can help out in advising if this is possible.
* Second i notice there is a setting to have all email attachments saved onto the storage card.
Great i wonder where the threaded Sms's are being stored as memory space is tight on my main memory
& this would be a drain to internal resources.
* i notice on receiving a SMS my SPB phone suite counter registers a sms in the inbox & also the default Task bar icon (but only for a second ) maybe this is becouse they
(incoming sms's) first arrive in the default inbox befor being sent on to the Smschat folder inbox.
Then the neat Smschat envelope icon appears in the centre of the screen informing of a msg & displaying
the contents of my mail.
(not allways so appropriate)
As this (icon) appears, the other little task bar icon that notification me that iv an un-read sms disappears also.
Now the Smschat icon is on-top of everything . But my preset alarm just happened to go off which then took precedence on top of all.
This allowed me to open (display) the today screen which didn't show any sms's registered anywhere.(till i checked into the smschat inbox )
So i assume; as far as Smschat is concerned its the big boss on top of all and only its Smschat envelope can inform of new msg's.
That not really an important fact but it showed me there is a sequence of events after the arrival of Sms's .
Anyway im happy after investing into Smschat and being a part of this informative smschat user group .
Which may my investment now allow the crew behind Smschat into putting alittle extra time & thought into making smschat a better application.

Happy

daak*

ps; sorry to
ppcgeeks admin it seems I just submitted this post under another group.