View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Silent Assasin
PPCGeeks Regular

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does anyone else us stream music to their mogul?

I Stream XM Radio with Mine. What I do is use the Mogul to sign into the XstreamXM website and then once I log into XM, I use a Cassette adapter to plug the audio out from the phone into the car stereo. You will have to go to Radio Shack or an equivalent store to get an adaptor. I Believe the phone has a 2.5mm and you wil need an adaptor for the standard head set jack-The same as you would use for head phones for an Mp3 player. Plug in the Headset adaptor that came with the phone into the USb port of the phone. Then plug in the adaptor you just purchased into the adaptor that came with the phone. Now plug in cassette adaptor into that. Place the cassette into the player and you're streaming through your car stereo. Obviously you are losing a little quality due to the analog signal, but I have not noticed anything drastic. The adaptor will cost approx. $10. It is well worth the money, I use this configuration all the time, and outside of the occassional 10-15 second buffering- driving through rural areas occasionally, it works flawless. Obviously, if your car does not have a cassette deck this will not work. Obviously, make sure your data plan covers this or you will have a HUGE bill .

Last edited by Silent Assasin; 04-05-2008 at 11:12 AM.