Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 PM
TrueArsenic
PPCGeeks Regular

TrueArsenic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Qwest to Verizon Possible?

Hey Jeff! Welcome to PPCGeeks!

The odds that you will truely "Brick" the phone are slim. Once you flash 1 Rom to another, it gets a lot easier, but even if you have issues with 1 rom, it's still pretty simple to go back to where you started.

It's worth a shot! Most likely, the worst case scenario is if you have trouble with the verizon ROM (which should be pretty safe), you'd just have to flash it back to the Qwest ROM.

It should be pretty painless. Just read through the Upgrades section and read the sticky's about flashing for dummies (that's how i learned), and you'll be well on your way!

But yes, flashing to the Verizon Rom should give you exactly what you need. No rom out there is 100% flawless. Everyone will have issues with it, and forums like this one are more focused on resolving issues, than talking about how awesome something works, i've found out. I know there are a TON of people with these phones who have had no issues at all, but as humans, we only complain about the bad stuff, so that's probably the only reason you would get the impression it has a ton of issues. I wish we could encourage people to post the good reports as well!

Anyway, i'd give it a shot though! I've got faith in ya man!

Last edited by TrueArsenic; 04-04-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling and stuff