TucanMobile
N00b

TucanMobile is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
con : no wifi , non-customizable UI or keyboard, LCD is 2.5 inches wide (some say almost 3.0 but i dont belive it) , When in IE and using keyboard u have .7 inches of viewing space, Crappy Samsung OS
3.1" TFT LCD, 240x432, haptic touch screen. All technical specifications are here http://www.nowisgood.com/?id9=SEM

This phone will be great for Sprint. Most cell phone customers are not as informed or interested to be informed about cell phones as most of the people on this site. The Sprint Instinct will have more than enough features for your average Joe Schmoe cell phone user looking to stay with sprint, but still have something as cool as the iPhone. The UI will not be better the iPhone's, that is almost guaranteed. In fact I'll be willing to bet not even WM7 will have a more user friendly, responsive UI experience as the iPhone to be quite honest.

This phone will probably be more stable than our WM6 phones, but I know for me it wouldn't replace my Touch or Mogul (if I had a Mogul). It's a nice dumb phone, but it won't have any 3rd party apps among other things that have already been mentioned. It is reported to have Visual Voicemail. I believe was reported in the Sprint press release. It also has control of the internet browser by tilting the phone by using the camera. There is a video on this, but the technology looks finicky and doesn't seem to work in low light situations.

It's a cool phone but I would stick with your Mogul unless you have your 22 month $150 discount ready to go (I'm guessing the price after discount and rebate will be $150 just under the Blackberry Curve) and your sick of your Mogul. Don't forget you would have to live without a physical keyboard, wifi, and 3rd part apps, etc.