View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:18 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (flash)rom memory allocations

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuque
Ok please correct me if I am wrong but the 128megs of flash rom on the apache is split up into 3 areas

1. ~44 megs of user accessible "storage" that is mounted as main memory
2. ~10 megs 0f un-lockable/ un-hidable "extended rom" that is mounted as extend ROM
3. ~73 megs? of Rom that is only accessible during OS install(or flash) and that mounts to /windows
You forgot the radio firmware, which is a failrly large chunk.
The OS partition is 64mb
The Store is 44, 10 for extended, 10 for radio.
I think that's it.

And yeah, moving these around would be making changes below the bootloader (or whatever they call the flash mode thing) level. Bad idea (tempting, but bad) as you are way more likely to brick it to the point that the bootloader can't reflash.