View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
ScandaLex
Regular 'Geeker

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Re: Anyone ever tempted by the Dark Side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
I was tempted by the iphone until I played with one... I tried to do the things I do with my pocketPC, and couldn't successfully do any of them... I had the same issue with the touch...

As for internet... safari may kick PIE's butt, but both AT&T and Tmo have horrible data speeds (that may change inthe near future, but it's still largely true)... I do hate the PIE browser and try to avoid surfing on my phone as much as possible, but I'd rather have fast internet with a mediocre browser than an awesome browser with dial up speeds.
I actually had an iPhone for several months and sold it. Great device, but since it doesnt do everything I needed it to do, its just became another overpriced gadget.

Ive been a Palm user since the Treo 600 came out- up to and including the 755p. I became a PPC (6700) user 3 months before the Mogul came out. IMO, the Mogul is a horrible device. The Touch is OK; I wouldnt call it superb.

As far as tweaking devices, I can honestly say I am bored out of my mind with doing so. I want a phone that works great and continues to work great after several months of usage. I dont want to have to keep checking my phone- as I did with the Mogul and now with the Touch- just to make sure I havent missed a call cause the damned thing wont wake up.

I dont have a clue what my next phone will be; but right now, I am not feeling the WM6 love.