View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
Here's a quick question for ya.

If you use active sync and outlook, is there any reason to backup the pim and restore it?
Despite having the ability to sync with my computer, I generally backup all my data and restore the relevant parts from that backup when upgrading my ROM simply because I don't trust the sync process. In particular, the WMDC in Vista isn't as flexible in how it resolves conflicts, and there've been enough freaked-out posts on here about the synchronization syncing whichever device was empty to the other device, wiping everything. While that's never happened to me, I decided not to take risks.

Besides, since I upgrade from the memory card instead of USB, by backing up my data on the phone I can do the full ROM upgrade process and put my data and settings back without being near my computer.