View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
thallanor
N00b

thallanor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have read through this entire thread and have not found anyone else experiencing the same two problems as me, leading me to believe that this is an isolated incident and not indicative of a problem with Helmi_C's AKU 3.3 update, but I wanted to post here in the event that someone might have some words of advice.

I updated my mobile to AKU 3.3 using Helmi_C's AKU 3.3 update and performed two hard resets afterwards to ensure that it took and they everything would clean up afterward. I got the generic Telecom screen and the new Windows Mobile boot screen, and everything seemed to work well.

The first issue I noticed though is that the "keyboard icon" at the bottom of the screen seemed to go missing from time to time, so I was unable to bring up the soft keyboard. I am not noticing this as much now, but I am not using it as much as during the initial update and install, either. The slideout keyboard works for most things, it is just when installing a couple programs, like cLaunch, that it really does not like landscape mode and the soft keyboard is preferable.

The second problem that I am noticing is that my volume settings do not seem to stick. When I use my mobile at work, I tend to turn the volume off as to not upset my co-workers with the constant clicking. The problem seems to be that after a few minutes, the volume is back at the default level, about 3/4 of the way up the slider. I have turned off the device and turned it back on, and that doesn't trigger it -- the volume stays the same as I left it. I have let it go into sleep mode and turned it back on, and the volume stays as I left it. I have done both of these tests both on battery power and while plugged in. But if I leave the phone for a little while, just a few minutes, and come back, the volume is back at 3/4.

Like I said, I have seen no other reports of this, and so it might be just something flakey with my mobile. I am with TELUS Mobility and there is not much in the way of extra software in the extended ROM. I need to search and find a way to go into my extended ROM, then I can provide a list of files in there. Most of it seems to be for setting up the EVDO stuff, though, so it's not too bad.

Anyway, any suggestions or things to look at, and I'd appreciate it. Failing that, I might try to flash it again this weekend when I have more time.

Thanks for all of the work that's gone into this. I appreciate it.