View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 AM
boggsie
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bare bones 6.1 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI View Post
I have been trying out different 6.1 ROMs lately. I am currently using JDs last version with great success. Thanks JD!

My question is how difficult would it be to cook a bare bones ROM. Nothing at all but the phone and OS on it. All of these ROMS are great in their own way and have a lot of added features that may or may not suit everyone. I would like to see one that would allow me to install the version of HTC Home or cube (if any) that I like. I don't know if it is impossible to completely strip a ROM of everything but the phone and OS but I think it would be something that a LOT of folks would appreciate.

I guess the other option would be a kitchen that would allow us to add or remove these features as we see fit.
Sorry for going immediately (somewhat) off topic, but I think the missing option in your poll is the ability to use the PPCKitchen with a Touch / Vogue base kit so that you can start with your favorite cook's work as a base and then use the kitchen to add according to your personal taste and needs.