View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
jjbusch
Lurker
Threadstarter

jjbusch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint business data plans for the Mogul?

Thank you to everyone who has replied. I was pretty sure the sprint rep really didn't know what she was talking about... but wanted to make sure I had my "ducks in a row" before I confronted her on it. I have a phone conversations scheduled with her and a "data expert" in an hour.

Just to give everyone a bit more of an understanding of our situation... we have almost 200 phones on sprint/nextel. We don't have alot of phones with data, as most of our fleet is nextel w/ direct connect.

We host Exchange in house and have had windows mobile devices connecting to it for about 18 months now.

I have my own personal mogul with the $15 data plan on it, and have been receiving email via activesynch with my Exchange server since I purchased it. Before that, I was using a MotoQ on the same $15 data plan.

As for the navigation, the Sprint Telenav is the "Simple" solution, as users have started to discover it after updating some of their devices to the latest ROM, and it is "out of the box". We don't want to spend $$ or time resources providing other solutions, it just doesn't pencil out for us.

bottom line, it looks like if you are a business customer, you get "special" pricing on certain services like data... I guess that is why we get charged $30 for a data plan that should cost $15 or $20. hmmm....