View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
dizzywizzy
N00b

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul Tether

I couldn't get it working either, here's my post on the DUN thread of what I did to get it working on BT. I also can also use the ICS/ SPRINT PCS via USB too without any problems. Waiting to see if I will get any charges???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywizzy View Post
After hours of trying with no success with this method, PDANET and WMWifirouter with either USB or BT, I was able to get a tethered connection via BT.

I went back and removed (or do a hard reset) all of the registry edits back to they way there were at stock install.

The only registry edit I went back and completed was the following:

Those of you running Sprint ROMs should navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing" and delete the string value named "Extension".

After a hard reset, then deleting this entry, I was able to pair my Mogul with my laptop via bluetooth, go to Programs/ Internet connection sharing/ and select Bluetooth DUN-Phone as modem. Then went to the PC bluetooth and selected Join a Bluetooth Personal area network and pick my mogul and connect.

The first time it disco'd after 5 min's..once you connect your mogul to the BT, make sure you uncheck the box that says to disco after syncing to save battery power.

After that I reconnected, and was on 40 min's with no problems/disco's and good speed. Tried again earlier tonight and no issues.

Hopefully this will work until the Wireless modem method on this thread can be updated to work on the new rom as it was flawless!!

Good luck..