Lurker
Threadstarter

ChiTownHustler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul Tether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywizzy View Post
hello, here's info from an earlier post of mine on another thread..

Re: Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Discussion
TETHERING: For the few who brought up tethering on this thread, check out the tutorial on this site by TalynOne.

It has been confirmed that it works on the new ROM. I have tried ICS and PDANet and by far his method is the best way to go. I was online for over 4 hours with a fast connection and with no hiccups (would have random data loss/connection interruptions with the other 2). Also, if I leave the bluetooth on, it charges through the USB port, so the battery does not die. For some reason when I disco the BT, the phone doesn't charge through the USB. ??

It's called Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul. Here's the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ss+Modem+Mogul
Okay I tried everything in that post and I can't get it to recognize my phone when I plug it into the USB on my PC.

I seem to have Internet Connection Sharing working now. Any reason why ICS is NOT a good option? I am using this for a mobile credit card terminal. I have my CC terminal hooked to the computer Ethernet adapter via a RJ45 crossover cable. Also when I am using Internet Connection Sharing what is the difference between picking Sprint PCS or Phone as Modem under the Network Connection:

Also any ideas on getting the Wmodem working or why it won' recognize it when plugged into the USB port. It doesn't find any new hardware.