View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 PM
?GotJazz?
PPCGeeks Regular

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

First off - You guys are doing a fabulous job! Just when I think that the Kitchen couldn't get any better, y'all prove me wrong! =D>

Onto a few bugs:

1) S2U2 (0.99p) doesn't work reliably. I have had numerous occasions where pressing the power button 'on' doesn't engage S2U2 like it normally would. In addition, I have problems where S2U2 doesn't lock the buttons, so I get accidental redials. Note: I installed S2U2 manually, not through the Kitchen (as I always do, so I can install S2U2 updates later).

2) Overall, my XV6700 is a little less stable with WM6.1 than I had with the last official WM6 Kitchen:
  • I have problems where phone calls sometimes aren't getting canceled properly when I press the red hang-up button. Occasionally, I actually need to reset the phone to disconnect a call.
  • Battery drainage is more significant, even though acbPowerMeter shows a lower idle current (50 mA, at lowest drain). I suspect that my phone may be coming out of idle more frequently, for some reason.
  • The HTC Task Manager 2.x still causes my phone to randomly lock-up regardless of whether I press the Task Manager drop-down box on the Today screen, or not. And, I still can't get to the Task Manager Settings (Same as with WM6). I now run without the HTC Task Mananger 2.0, and the phone hasn't locked-up since. Note: I installed HTC Task Manager 2.0.31261 via the Kitchen, and also installed manually, with the exact same results. Maybe something has changed with the latest kitchen that I downloaded today, but I haven't tried it yet.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?