gregpilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjqazi View Post
I am trying to tether.
I do not see wmodem any more on my ppc.
I am trying to use internet sharing (hoping that it will do the same thing as wmodem), but once i enable that I do not find a USB modem in my Vista computer. do you know what the issue can be.
Wmodem.exe can be found in \Windows. There is also a wmodem.lnk there, just copy it to \windows\start menu\programs.

Then it will appear in your programs folder on the start menu.

You can use Wmodem OR ICS, but not at the same time. If you use wmodem, you must first close activesync on the phone (task manager), and on the PC (task manager..processes, "WCESmgr.exe and wcescomm.exe) Then start wmodem, and then plug it into your PC. Your PC should detect a new device and install drivers (XP).

EDIT: I forgot (sorry) to mention that you must install the drivers on your PC here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35 (first post) not the drivers that XP trys to install. As far as disabling AS on your PC, there is an easier way, google for "activesync toggle", it is a small app which does this for you.

Make sure you start wmodem before plugging it into your PC, and set up a new dial-up connection using username 1234567890@vzw3g.com and pw vzw. (of course use your phone #) There's also a dialer prog "CDMA dialer.exe" you can find which you can run on your PC instead of setting up a connection.

If you use ICS, active sync must be running on your PC, and when you open ICS on the phone it will start AS on the phone. Make sure "allow USB connections" is checked under options on both the phone and PC.

good luck

Last edited by gregpilot; 03-19-2008 at 05:14 PM.