View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2006 View Post
Hi - I've been lurking around PPCGeeks for many years, but I don't post often because I don't usually have much to offer. I'm posting on this thread because I have an old Sprint CDMA HTC Touch Pro2 that I still use (actively as my real phone - I'm sure I'm one of the last hold-outs on the $30/mo SERO plan...). I am currently running EnergyROM on it, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there had been any re-cooked ROMs for this device that support SHA2 (since Outlook.com and others now require SHA2 for any email access)?

I found one post by a person who was able to get the crypt32.dll from a build of windows mobile 6.5 WEH 35 aku (which supports the SHA2), cook it into a custom HTC Diamond ROM using OSKitchen, and get Exchange ActiveSync from outlook.com working again on his device (with an SHA2 certificate). His post is here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3830db8?page=2

Is anybody here able to do something similar for the Sprint CDMA HTC Touch Pro2? If so, I would be greatly appreciative, and I just might be able to get another 10 years out of my TP2 (Long live WM6.5! ).

-JP
If I still had my kitchen setup I could try it. I also have a TP2 that sits in a drawer. 6.5 was and is still better that the new windows phone. I may try to set it back up. Never made a TP2 rom but I made many for TP. I will have to look for all the TP2 resources. Currently I only use Android and it has been years since I messed with WM. Has to relearn it again.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk