View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 04:34 PM
disco_y2k
Lurker

disco_y2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DIGGIN' UP BONES :) Re: Sprint Corporate calls me about my FFC Complaint...

howdy everyone, i randomly came across this thread that i had posted MANY years back about the sprint "fraud fees" i just wanted to give everyone an update since it is STILL TRUE THAT YOU CAN ACTIVATE AND USE A SMART PHONE WITHOUT PAYING THE SPRINT FRAUD FEE AND FOR 4G YOU DO NOT USE!

(cough, cough... in a make believe hypothetical world where everything stated below is a fictional story... cough, cough)

currently (due to legal reasons, this fictional story below is only for educational purpose and none of it is true...) I still have 4 phones, all active, all using the ESN's (converted MEID's) from phones from about 2005-2007 i think. They are:

1 x Samsung S4
1 x HTC One M7
1 x HTC EVO Design 4G
1 x HTC Rhodium World

the reason i tried this is because years ago they tried to tell me that they could not even activate an android phone or any smart phone without the "sprint fraud fee" tacked on to the bill and without paying extra for 4G service. We just got 4G last year, so they wanted me to pay $35 a month for the last 5 years for a 4G service that did not even exist in my area? the contract i signed included totally unlimited data ON ANY PHONE, unlimited phone as modem ON ANY PHONE, and unlimited hotspot on ANY PHONE! IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT WHAT SPEED DATA, IN FACT EVDO rev 0 and rev A did not even exist yet when i signed the contract and they upgraded me to those speeds with no problems over the years every time i bought a new phone! (I ALWAYS BUY MY PHONES FROM MANUFACTURER, NEVER TAKE THE UPGRADE DEAL!) so according to the contract i figure i would be doing nothing wrong in putting sprint to the test by using old ESN's on new smart phones and destroying the old phones...

The system still thinks the phones are some old samsung and sanyo phones, but it adapts automatically! I do not get 4G, just EVDO REV A, which is average 275KB/sec when using phone as a hotspot and average 344KB/sec when downloading to phone.

total bill (minus any extra crap the kids buy).................

$92.00 per month!

Average data usage PER PHONE, PER DAY.... DOWNLOADING MOVIES AND TV ALL THE TIME AND DOING WHAT WE WANT...

3.5GB's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if you do not need 4G and sprint wants to say THEY HAVE NO WAY OF ACTIVATING YOUR PHONE WITHOUT YOU PAYING THE SPRINT FRAUD FEES... THEY ARE FULL OF (the stuff that comes out of a horses rear)!

cheers,
disco