View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:13 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New HTC One 2014 Edition Early Video Review (Leak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Maybe it does do well in low light but this was still a big mistake on their part. The overwhelming majority of reviewers say the M8 camera is average at best again. I hate to say it but this is the beginning of the end for this company. CEO talking about hoping to get 10% market share again and their flagship has a 4mp shooter. Just plain stupid imo. I love HTC but they just can't get anything right. upixel and it's technology has it merits but this is bad marketing and perception to retain the same resolution which is half the mp of everyone else. Sammy and the others are going to continue their dominance because companies like HTC do not leap frog them by any stretch. HTC needed the very best camera, best design, best everything. Granted this is asking alot but nothing short of this is going to bring them back. Hell Sammy and Apple played it safe this year as well since nobody but Nokia is actually pushing the envelope in smartphone camera enhancements so these guys figure why innovate because the consumer is going to buy it for the label anyway. Just my humble opinion.
Possibly but my opinion is more megapixels doesn't make necessarily better. The best dslr cameras do not use a super high megapixel count. Pretty much it just adds a higher resolution image.
How many people view an image that high?
Not saying I wouldn't mind a higher resolution camera but it isn't a deal breaker.