Gilliland
PPCGeeks Regular

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No longer able to Bluetooth DUN after 3.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
Ive tried and tried wmodem and pdanet but they no longer work for me tethering between my mac and my mogul via bluetooth with the new htc 3.35 rom. When I click unable bluetooth DUN on pdanet it says "unable to assign com port please make sure com7 or com4 is available on your device. bluetooth dun will remain off (err=2404)".
I'm struggling with this as well. It may turn out that the PDANet folks have to fix this. It appears that their app is only capable of using COM4 or COM7 as its Bluetooth DUN port. But on the new ROM, both of those ports are preassigned - COM4 to GPS, COM7 to SERIAL_BTUR (whatever that is). So either we have to find a way to reassign one of those ports, or we have to get June Fabrics to fix PDANet.

Does anyone know of a way to work directly with the Mogul's COM port assignments? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Schettj, the thread that you referenced has nothing to do with PDANet. It does provide another method for enabling Bluetooth DUN, which may prove useful, but doesn't solve the PDANet problem.