Old 10-19-2013, 11:10 AM
rvgammill
Lurker

rvgammill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to rvgammill
Re: Specs

Kinda quiet around here. Same old headlines as last summer. I was the last post on 8XT. I will turn out the lights when Elvis leaves the building...

Ah, anyway, found the unadvertised SD slot. Still no accessories except the armor I found at purchase. Still happier with Windows Phone than the iPhone universe.

MS is building lots of Apps, but nothing like anything to manage your home thermostat or watch the baby monitor (look, nanny's shaking the baby pretty hard there. wow, man, I hope everything is cool.) as iPhone has.

I found and am about to experiment with Tether X, which sounds more like a WiFi solution.

Just installed the new updated Win8.1 on laptop, and the MS universe is going through major overhaul. It is getting more cohesive than the days of WinMo6.5 and still basically free of charge.

HTC and Sprint are not very supportive of WP8. I was about to leave Sprint after my ancient TP keyboard died in service a few weeks after Sprint 4G rollout service interruptions had me bouncing the loyal TP2 off my desk rather briskly. I knew it was not my phone, but sometimes you just want to break something. Sprint brought in the 8XT that very week.

I worked for STA on the 4G rollout. Telecom industry is not a very sharp sword, but they kept me busy for 15 months.

Cutter Vic wishing, Good luck to all! ...to All ...to all ...to-all ...t-wall ...2 ah ...2wa ...2 ...t

Er-r-r-r-r... snick -e-e-eek. Clunk. Clip Clop clip clop clip clah clih clah cli cul ci cah ci ca c...

Vic

Ruthlessly Optimistic, Relentlessly Positive