Gambit
Lurker

Gambit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch; as a real MP3 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Just got home, grabbed me up a pair of S9 from TD. Got me a nice $10 discount [ex employee discount ] charging it up as we speak.. Hey how do we tell knock offs from the real thing? Mine came with a little hologram tab with letters and numbers, tethered to the left loop. I don't see that on the eBay ones.

-CC

P.S. How to spot a counterfeit : http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?...tId=8627-10942
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post
I bought S9s Last year I never use them because they hurt my ears! Anyone else experience this?
I bought a cheap pair of S9's on E-Bay, I suspected they were counterfeit. I bought a second pair from Best Buy to do a side-by-side comparison, sure enough the ones off E-Bay were fake. The real ones were more comfortable, but still not exactly what I was looking for, still a little uncomfortable after wearing for 30 minutes or longer. So beware if buying on E-Bay even from sellers with positive (99%+) rating, I would avoid E-Bay altogether.

I returned them and bought a Plantronics Voyager 855 instead, couldn't be more pleased. They do a great job at sealing out the outside sound, I use them for listening to music and podcasts during lunchtime at restaurants and it can be noisy. The 855's are much easier to hear than the S9s were, even when not using the second-ear stereo attachment.