View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Videonut
PPCGeeks Regular

Videonut is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP: Wild fluctuation in bluetooth volume!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenozoite View Post
Thanks for your replies, both of you. So this is a somewhat known issue then with WM6/6.1 rather than a Touch-specific problem? I didn't know others were experiencing it with the 6800 as well.

Have there been any registry fixes or anything that have been found to work? And are certain headsets completely immune, like the Bluant Z9 mentioned? Funny thing is, I've tested this with automated recorded lines like after hours customer service numbers, and the recorded voice is talking at the same consistent volume steadily, the whole time, yet it still goes from soft to loud over and over again. So it obviously isn't a reaction to changing sound level on the other end. Very odd... and annoying... is there any list of other headsets that work without issue, unlike the Nokia/Plantronics ones?
I think if you search the 6800 forums here and other sites like xda you'll get a better idea of the problem, but as far as I know there hasn't been a fix. Haven't checked recently myself, think I will.

On further investigation, the Mogul/6800 had much worse Bluetooth issues, so I guess the BT was fixed a bit for the Touch but not completely.

Last edited by Videonut; 03-15-2008 at 11:58 PM.