Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM
mandrane
Lurker

mandrane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.1 - Windows 7 sync problem

Hi
I can't find any working solution to my problem. What's it? Let me tell you about it:
Yesterday my Touch Pro [WM 6.1] stopped working and was insensitive to anything, so it got soft reset. After booting, it has something like cleared registry - all changes I had applied months ago [like decreasing size of popups] were gone, it kind of returned to original state [settings, but also installed programs, which still are present on 'uninstall list', but aren't working properly; messages, contacts, history and so on remained untouched]. 'So,' I thought, 'it's ok, I'll just install everything in an hour and forget about it.' That's where the problem starts. I can't connect to PC.
Up until yesterday there were no problems with sync. I have same mobile phone and same WDMC. Same cabel and UBS ports. But my computer [same Windows 7] can't see anything after connecting or see various unnecessary things: HTC isn't 'mobile device', but 'portable device' or something like 'Generic Serial' [it depends, I tried to plug it in and out thousand times - it seems to be random]. What else did I do? Rebooting both: PC and PPC, soft reseting, connecting with or without working ActiveSync, running it when connected, checking and unchecking 'Enable faster data sync' box - when connected and when unconnected, rebooting before and after, uninstalling portable device/generic serial drivers, then rebooting, and so on and so on - in vain. I don't have any other ideas, so if anyone got any, please, let me know.

Greetings and thanks in advance,
mdr