View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
I always thought that flashing radio required the security switch turned off, i haven't paid for that yet so I've stayed away from flashing radios
I have no clue what you're talking about. To flash a radio is just like flashing a ROM - if you've done hSPL, which obviously you've turned that 'security switch' off... then you can flash a radio.

Now if you mean unlocking the SIM slot so you can flash an unlocked radio, that's different and yes you still have to pay for that I believe. Again, don't mix that up with simply flashing the VZ radio - those are very different things.

Quote:
The newest CWM seems to not work for me however, I got it flashed but when I go to recovery, it doesn't let me select anything, I'm not sure if the end call key is still enter but I could move selection up/down with volumn but it couldn't select anything to perform an action
End call should be enter (assuming I recall correctly, it's been a while). You should be able to use the enter key on the actual keyboard...

Quote:
Any ideas how to get gps lock faster? Even using the gps status app to download the agps data it still took about 2-3 minutes for a lock, on your sd card android it locked a bit faster, in like 30-60 seconds. I did use the gps patch on first post
*facepalm*... Does this mean you got past CWM? I can only assume so... oy ve.

GPS is GPS. It doesn't lock well indoors - but on my RHOD400 GPS locks in seconds - less than 10 usually. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky, and perhaps try the Leo injector app thing on detule's GPS testing thread.

Quote:
edit: at first I did try the usb flashing since the readme said to "Flash the new NBH, LK will load (USB must be plugged in prior to starting)" so I saw the usb part and assumed it meant flash via usb
You read directions so well