Old 08-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Amamba
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help me choose a new Sprint phone

Wow. I didn't want to start a pillow fight on the forum...

I think WM was a great platform. I still like it. I am sure WP7/8 is great. However, MS decided to pull the plug on WM while being fully aware that all major providers were still selling WM phones with 2 year contracts. And they didn't merely abandon the platform, they seem to have went out of their way to kill it. They killed MyPhone. They made SkyDrive all but unusable for WM devices. I can use MS Skydrive with my wife's Android phone and our Android tablets, I can use Dropbox and Box.net with my Windows Mobile phone, but I can't use MS Skydrive on MS WM phone. Finally, Bing Navigation quits working. Again, they are perfectly aware that there are tens of thousands of users still under contract. A normal reliable company would've waited for 2 years after the major providers discontinued WM devices to kill the services. So why would I want to stick with MS ? They've fooled me once already.

So, it's Android vs iOS, and looks like Galaxy III vs Evo 4G LTE. I am not getting 4G where I live, btw.

I tried Android's alternatives to Siri and they suck. OTOH, I like to tinker with my devices. Also, we already have 2 Android tablets and one Android phone, it makes sense to get an Android device. Should I wait until Sprint gets iPhone 5 ? (This may not happen for a while, it seems). Perhaps then the price on smartphones would drop - right now, to upgrade to either of the Android phones would cost me $200.

Also, can you compare a few features between the three phones above ?

1) Pic / video quality - I know they all have 8 mp cameras and hd video, but I assume the output isn't equal.

2) Battery life. From what I read Galaxy wins, then Evo, then iPhone ?

3) Overall "speed", feeling of the phone - which one is / feels faster ?

4) Multitasking... Android is supposed to have it but it doesn't always work on my Nexus 7 tablet. I like to be able to listen to the music while browsing internet / reading a book / editing a spreadsheet. No problems in WM, but can be problematic in Android. Although this may be device specific.

Last edited by Amamba; 08-26-2012 at 01:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.