View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Motorola Photon Q ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
@gTen the LG with specs like that is crazy and the sgs3 is also tempting cause of all the specs it comes with and how nice it looks and i was gonna be one first ones to pre order it but the lack of keyboard its just hard when i have to write long emails/text and when i want to do some work on it the onscreen keyboard takes up to much screen space also i talked to a buddy of mine and he says the signal is not the great on it (which some said it was fixed)
I understand as well, as I said using a keyboard phone is important for my work and is much more enjoyable. Have you tried surfing the web with the keyboard out? The experience is on a different level. The problem with touchscreen for web surfing is its too obstructive and hard to use shortcuts.

As far as whether it is fixed or not, don't they all use the same processor with radio built in? So if there is a difference it is either software related like radio firmware or depends on their location. If you remember the good ole TP2 days where people would claim 1 radio is better then another but it would differ for each person.

Quote:
all the glitz and glamour on a smartphone with crazy specs are useless if it doesnt work 100% of the time for its main function which is making/receiving calls instead of them going to voicemail even though your phone never rang
yes...but as a gadget enthusiast it is hard to resist shiny :P. Personally I want a keyboard phone with all best specs..but unfortunately have to settle for what we get.

Quote:
Does motorola smartphones come with apps to access office word/excel?
video editor/ picture editor?
Well sprint is marketing it as a business phone so obviously it does. I don't know if you seen my post in the epic forum but I included the link to the official motorola spec sheet and it lists it having Quickoffice. (Even though I have a free license of quick office from Amazon free app of the day and I also have a OfficeSuite Professional 6 for free too from app of the day and Documents to Go as free app of the day lol).

Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE Fact Sheet - Fact Sheets - Motorola Mobility, Inc.

But if you missed all those, there is also Kingsoft Office available for free on google market which people are saying is really good. Has a 4.6 rating by 22,000 people.

On an unrelated note i just found out google bought quickoffice, interesting.

As far as image editing, no clue. I got picsay and picshop for free on amazon free app of the day but never used them lol

If you want something free and have web access and are not editing something confidential there is Adobe Photoshop express for free.

Video editing I have no clue.

--------------

Edit: cheapest price for upgrade I found is now 139.99

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-16-2012 at 09:30 PM.