View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 AM
meltmanbob
Lurker

meltmanbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 on it's last breath, need quick advice on new phone

Hey guys I normally would try to do more research but I've had a hell of a night. First my computer decided to die and then my TP2 decided that it was going to take it's last breath. I'm literally broke and trying to move back across the country and my brother was nice enough to let me jump on his computer to post this.

I am considering buying a used TP2 in order to avoid the $10 Sprint fee but I would really like to get a phone that is snappy. It royally pisses me off that my free Sprint phone from 05' is more responsive than my TP2 once both phones were broken in. I wouldn't mind the Arrive but not with the $10 fee because I'm sure there are better phones I could get that would better justify that increase.

I am moving to Lawton Oklahoma where Sprint doesn't have 4G, questionable 3G last time I was there which makes that fee even harder to swallow. What do you guys recommend? Stick with another used TP2? Move to Android to get a more feature packed phone than the Arrive to better justify the smartphone fee? Or something else?

Also if anyone knows how to bypass that $10 fee if I go with the Arrive, I'm all ears. I've tried and tried to get around that with no luck. I should mention that while I am really not all that happy with Sprint, I have stuck with them because of the no-cap data and I somehow got a 27% discount on my plan which is the 450 anytime unlimited plan. The no-cap on the data is important because I either barely use the data or I use it to tether as my sole internet connection for my desktop and I can't afford other carriers rates once you go past their caps.

Thanks ahead of time and I apologize for not having more time to look into this myself but with my computer crapping out, I'm on my brothers time and he loves his video games!