View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: So Verizon was double-dipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUwalkin View Post
Nifty. So now data access is sold in blocks with the "surcharge" included.

Well, I suppose it may help wean the mobile ethernet addicted of +8 hours/day streaming? (Yes, I really don't understand the folks who have to be wired in and oblivious to the real world - guess my age is showing, yes?)
Well Verizon is doing nothing wrong based on "technicality". The one who blocks the apps is Google (yes by verizons request but its still not them directly). And they can offer you the option of paying for a service you can get free, it is a rip off but its not the first time.

But the net neutrality rules do protect you from being charged or having your account removed if you are caught tethering (not that there really is a way for them to catch you).

so moral of the story, download amazon appstore and get whatever tethering app you wish.

I have been with verizon for over 6 month and had no problems so far

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)