View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
No but I have had so many that were junk that I will never buy another.
Others may have better luck but for me having so many failed Sammy devices I am done with them.
Never have I had any HTC fail like all my Sammy devices.
Plus I actually like Sense.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Just like Gullz, I have the opposite experience.

Failed chip and nand on HD2 phones, bad emmc chips on MyTouch 4G, bad buttons on MyTouch 4G slide, bad screen on Sensation 4G...

The SGS was plagued with issues, but the SGS2 is a world of difference. There was no HTC phone that even came close to being as fast/stable/awesome as the SGS2, that's why Samusng sells more phones than HTC and why the SGS2 was known as the best smartphone. Samsung also outsells Apple because of the SGS2. You should use one before opining, it may change your mind. Let's talk SGS3 a little bit.

You have to actually use it (even if just at the store) before saying the Evo LTE is any better.

I know I ranted about the S4 chip a little but honestly it's a really good chip. I saw some actual benches and I think the RAM will actually make a real difference. Dalvik VM will put it to very good use. While the Evo LTE ships with 1GB RAM and Sense hogging up a good percentage of it, the SGS3 has 2 GB RAM and ships with the light and fast touchwiz UI, which I actually hate. But launchers such as Nova and Apex IMO run better over an AOSP-like framework than they do over Sense.

With the screen I don't think it makes too much difference. SLCD vs SAMOLED, honestly I have/had both and your eyes adjust to whichever one you use pretty fast. Both have 720p displays and your eyes can't tell individual pixels at that resolution on ANY smartphone. The reason you might think the Galaxy Nexus didn't look all that great was probably due to a bad screen issue known on the device. My Galaxy Note looks amazing and crisp and PenTile or not, I personally think it beats the ATT HOX screen.

I think the SGS3 will outsell the HOX (and all variants like the Evo LTE) and will also outsell the iPhone 5.

The reason I would get the SGS3 over the Evo LTE if I were on Sprint:

1) EXTREMELY easy to root and flash, who knows what updates to the Evo are going to do to rooters and flashers.

2) 2GB RAM will make a difference.

3) .1" bigger screen. Don't think it will show a little? Hold up an iPhone next to a Nexus One (.2" difference) and see how noticeable it is.

4) Sense Framework. Even if you like it, it noticeably hogs more resources, even with another launcher over it.

5) Samsung works WITH developers, not against them. They don't lock down bootloaders, they don't make you void your warranty and jump thru 20 hoops to get a bootloader unlock on SOME devices. They are even working with developers to find out what part of a new leaked kernel is hard-bricking devices. I swear HTC is turning into the Android version of Apple and it's getting pretty annoying. I used to swear by HTC and I loved their phones. The HD2 is still my favorite phone ever because it runs every OS out there besides iOS. But I am getting with the SGS3 over the HOX variants available to me.