View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well the galaxy note has a 800 X 1280 super amoled screen(5.3") which comes out to about 285ppi. The galaxy nexus has 720 X 1280 super amoled screen(4.65") which comes out to about 316ppi. I own a galaxy nexus and I also compared it to a galaxy note just this past weekend and IMO the nexus screen looks a little sharper than the note. Now don't get me wrong, the average person probably wouldn't even notice or even care for that matter but to me the nexus has the better screen. I also have the evo lte and side by side with the nexus you can really see the difference in the two. You can easily see the pentile layout, especially when it came to smaller fonts which annoys the hell out of me. I do like how the colors pop on the nexus but the slight over saturation makes most things look slightly unrealistic and "cartoony". The slcd 2 on the evo can't compete when it comes to black levels but in my opinion it destroys samoled every where else. The gs3 will basically have the same screen as the gnex with some slight improvements but the pentile layout is definitely a turn off for me. If the gs3 has a super amoled hd+ screen(aka, no pentile) I would sell my gnex right now and get that when it comes out.
That's actually a good point, I guess it's all in what you want. Pentile doesn't bother me and I actually owned a gnexus and Note simultaneously, the PPI doesn't really seem to make a difference. ~720P on a 5.3" screen I can't see ANY pixelation. For me the ultimate chooser for Sprint users is the previously mentioned fact that HTC phones are such a pita to mod now and samsung phones are like 2 clicks with Odin and you're flashing away.