View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:41 AM
princem131
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I've been so busy, I haven't had alot of time to play....I did see your comment about the multitasking, but I'm not sure what you meant.
I'm still playing with it as well so I'm not exactly sure how it works. But from what I've seen so far and articles I've read about the HOX it seems that HTC has applied an Apple-like approach to multitasking. When you leave an app it is suspeneded but it doesn't seem like it always continues to function normally in the background. Sometimes (usually when I only switch briefly) it resumes where I was. But typically when I return it just reloads the same app. So if I was on a browser in a particular spot it reloads and starts fresh like I just came to that page. Other apps seem to be affected as well, varying from app to app as to how significant of an interruption your expierence. Obviously this impacts the use of some apps more than others. It also (annoyingly) adds a few seconds everytime you switch while it reloads. I haven't played with it enough to understand all the conditions in which it reloads and how it manages memory, etc. but its definitely different and I'm not really liking it so far, especially when it comes to reading in my browser.

Edit: Just did a quick Google search here's a article with a video of what I'm saying on the One X. Apparently, it happens once you leave for 30+ secs. It's described as being aggressive to save battery and increase smoothness in the UI, which is great but not at the cost of true multitasking! Maybe it can be scaled back to be less aggressive or only aggressive for certain apps....

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

Last edited by princem131; 05-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.