View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 AM
woldemariam
Lurker

woldemariam is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ok, so I have a Titan (Winphone7) now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Odd that they reused the name, but given the not-so-secret truth that all WP7 devices are pretty much dead end with the release of WP8 due in December, I've gone the ebay route and picked up a NIB HTC Titan to tide me (and my subsidized device purchase) over until the new new WP8 devices come out. If Nokia is still in business then, they'll likely have something nice available. Given HTC build quality I expect the phone will just barely last until December

It's due in this next week, and will share time with my iP4 - it will be interesting to see which gets used more, sim flipping being the PITA that it is.

I decided to go big since this is essentially a throw-away device and I've heard from MANY sources that the 4.7" screen size is actually the "sweet spot" between mini tabs and the good old 3.x" screens. Figured I'd give both a go. Will be interesting to see if I can put the thing in a pocket and sit
i am exactly in the same boat as you. I bought a samsung focus s outright because I did not want to sign a contract on a WP7 device. I bought a the focus from craiglist and I am using it with a Straight Talk (no contract) sim card. I am still rocking my touch pro 2 (windows mobile) because I am waiting on Sprint to release a better windows phone device.