View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Edwood
Regular 'Geeker

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: comments about the sprint galaxy nexus

I'm about to order a Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Just migrated my old legacy SERO account to SERO Premium.

I've played around with my friend's Verizon Galaxy Nexus. It's a sweet phone. The #1 reason to get a Nexus over the HTC EVO 4G LTE is the unlocked aspect of the Nexus. No excess bloatware, much easier to load custom ROM's onto it, plus the Galaxy Nexus as had a longer time out, and more mature 3rd party ROM's now.

While I really like the industrial design of the HTC 4G LTE, the fixed, non-removable battery is a deal breaker for me. Especially since the Galaxy Nexus has an extended battery that barely takes up more room or weight, and the extended battery door looks more natural than the stock one.

Although, the downside, is that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus extended battery set is the only one available now, and the while the battery fits and works, the extended battery door does not without modifications, and even then, it's not a perfect fit.

Hopefully Sprint will offer their extended battery kits soon.
This post has been thanked 1 times.