wizardknight
PPCGeeks Regular

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I have been playing with the NAND build all day, and I have found an issue that I was wanting to see if anyone else had noticed.
I use roam control 1.4 to force the phone into roaming mode when I am home due to the very low (but not quite low enough to cause the phone to switch on it's own) signal.
If I don't keep the phone in roam mode I miss calls all the time. :P Sprint service is not so good at my place.

When I use roam control to force roaming the data over wireless stops flowing. I don't get any errors, and everything looks like it is working fine. It's just that the data isn't moving, and things time out.

I had been using this on my SD build mostly without issue (nothing a reboot couldn't fix).
Any thoughts on why the data of the wifi might be affected by the roaming status?
I think I found a work around. If I put the phone in roam mode, then disable the wifi, then re-enable it I am able to get a connection. Very odd. I wonder if somehow the phone thinks that only the roaming data is available when roaming is enabled. Maybe a small glitch in the wifi/cell data drivers?

Well if anyone else has issues with roam control disable and re-enable your wifi connection while roaming, and it should work (well it is for me at the moment).

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.